Falken FK452 Rear Tyres

When I bought the car I was aware that one of the rear tyres was quite badly worn and near the limit. Had to investigate quite promptly, so I read some 3 series owners posts on www.bimmerforums.co.uk. The general consensus was that Falken 452 tyres were excellent value for money.

The current arrangement on the back was a Pirelli P Zero and a Fulrun budget tyre. I had been noticing significant road noise and a tyre whine coming from the rear, I couldn't quite tell which one it was that caused it though. Another problem was the spinning up, in any conditions planting the throttle in 1st or 2nd, even 3rd sometimes, would spin the rears.

Anyway, I decided on the Falken FK452's and ordered two 255/35 ZR18 94Y XL from camskill at the bargain price of £115 each (I was quoted £175 each at two local tyre fitters). I took them to be fitted at a local Selecta Tyre and they charged £35, which included re-seating one of the fronts.

I have to say, the car is completely different to drive, the road noise is non-existent, the grip is fantastic. It will no longer spin in 2nd or 3rd in any conditions. The rear also feels completely planted. At the price I paid for them, I couldn't recommend them more. When the current budge front tyres wear out, they will be replaced with Falken 452's.