First Detailing Session

As mentioned in my first post, when I bought the car it was in dire need of a deep clean.

This was first on my list of things to do to the car, and what a transformation it made.

The process took two days to complete, working around 6 hours a day. The clean included inside the cabin and the body.

Here's the order of events;


  • Wash, using Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner.
  • Clay bar, using Meguiars Quik Clay kit.
  • Wash and dry, to remove and clay residue left over.
  • Polish, using a friends rotary and Meguiars Step 2 Polish. Not really the right polish for the job, but I had to make do as I don't have my own machine polisher yet.
  • Wash, to get rid of the spots of polish from machine polishing.
  • Wax, using Meguiars Step 3 Carnauba Wax.
  • Tyres dressed, using Meguiars High Gloss Endurance Tyre Gel

The paintwork came up a treat, even with products that weren't really right for the job, so I was really chuffed. I was surprised just how mucky the paint was, check out the clay bar below, that was jsut from a 12" square! I am intending to get my own machine polisher, with the correct polishes, after that it should be brought back to it's best.

Nevertheless, here are the results.