Number plates

The number plates on the car when I bought it were a little worse for wear to say the least. After the clean the car bodywork wasn't in too bad a condition, but the plates made it look dirty and old, so they, like the badges, had to go. So, off I went to Sytner BMW in Coventry and ordered a new set.

This time I went for no border to keep the clean styling theme running throughout.

Taking the plates off revealed an expected layer of dirt, so I gave it a good wash and a wax before putting the new plates on.



Before and After



I had also noticed that the plates were mounted off level, so this time I made sure to drill the holes nice and level.

Onto the plates, below you can see the old rear one next to the new one. The front plates weren't as bad but still a bit too shabby for my liking. They were also a lot further off level at the front, for some reason the mounting holes were drilled off level in the plastic, not sure why. Once fitted I used the BMW supplied fitting caps to finish the job. Overall I'm very satisfied, it has freshened up the car a treat.