BBS LM 18 inch Alloy Wheels

When I bought the car I was disappointed with the condition of the wheels, but it was always my intention to have them refurbished or even replace them.

After I discounted refurbishing them, the options I had in mind were the M3 CSL style, BMW MV2's or the BBS LM's.

I decided that against the sapphire black paintwork, the chrome lips on the BBS LM's would look best. Unfortunately these wheels are very expensive, so I looked for some replicas. I found a great deal on some replicas on bimmerforums and took the plunge. To go with the new wheels I ordered another two Falken FK452's from camskill. I would take the relatively new Falken's off the rears of the current wheels.

As I'd be spending the money on some brand new wheels, I wanted to make sure they stayed protected, and don't end up looking corroded after 5 minutes. I had heard a lot of good about Poorboy's Wheel Sealant, so I ordered a tub of that too.

The wheels all came individually boxed and protected quite well whilst in transport, the tyres came loose as before.






Before getting the tyres fitted, I spent some time putting two coats of Poorboy's on all wheels, inside and out.

As before I took the wheels to Selecta Tyre for fitting, the guys there treat your car with respect, and you can stand and watch them do the work just to make sure. Here's one of the wheels mid having the tyre put on.



After fitting I got the wheels home and ready to fit. The E46 has wheel bolts rather than nuts, as a result there are no studs to locate the wheel on making it quite difficult to get the wheels on. My dad decided to machine some guides out of two old bolts, these guides are narrow enough and long enough to go through the holes in the wheels and can then be removed by hand and replaced by the bolts.



Once on the car, I gave it a quick clean, with the wheels covered over, then added some tyre gel and took some photo's.