MOT - 2012 - Pass

Yesterday was the first MOT under my ownership of the car, I was more than a little nervous about it due to the 130k miles on the clock.

Booked it in and went to get it tested, a painfully long wait later and I was told the car had failed. Not good, fearing a wallet bashing I asked on what. The list read;

Parking brake efficiency - 11%
Rear D/S and P/S indicator bulbs were the wrong colour, in other words the orange coating on the bulbs had started peeling off.



That's it? Fantastic, but my parking brake shoes are brand new why aren't they working right? After a bit of discussion the guy at the test centre said you need to bed the shoes in a bit. So on the drive to buy two new amber indicator bulbs I put the hand brake semi on for a short period. 

I picked up the replacement bulbs for £3, nice and cheap, then went back to the test centre.

They brought it back in and tested the handbrake, this time it was a-ok.

A 10 year old car failing for a couple of discoloured bulbs and brake shoes that weren't bedded in isn't too bad at all, very happy with the result.